So that you can have your favorite car as long as possible, for which you paid a lot of money, it is important to know certain things To be checked regularly. This includes, above all, liquid levels to make sure. This means that damage to mechanics is less likely and you can also avoid breakdowns or even devastating accidents. To do this, however, it is necessary to know it first How How to measure fluid in a car correctly. In addition, these measurements in regular periods to lead. In order to never forget to check it, it is useful to either set a reminder in the calendar on your smartphone or enter the last time you were logged in into a classic calendar. When and at what time this happens varies from vehicle to vehicle and you will find the necessary information in your vehicle’s operating instructions.
Step 1: Check the oil level
- It is important to note that you right on time Check your car’s oil level. Should after the ride Wait at least one hour to allow time for the oil to collect again in the sump and for reliable results. It will be both oilas well Oil Refinery verification. You can see from the operating instructions where There is the required oil dipstick. The actual process is as follows: you pull out the oil dipstick, wipe the oil scattered on it with a rag, then put it back on and take it out again. Now you can read the oil level. Now all you have to do is put the stick back in place and you will know the oil level in your car.
How to read the oil level correctly:
- The correct oil level range is shown on the oil dipstick two marks marked. The bottom mark says you need to add oil, while anything above means the oil level is still good. If you have a new car, it is best to have the dealer show you where the dipstick is and what to pay attention to when adding oil. If the classic depth gauge is not installed, let us show you Where in the onboard menu The oil level can be displayed.
Things to note:
- It is important that you come with me clean engine oil Work as long as there is one golden, she has a clear color scheme, everything is fine in general. Must oil, though black or brown Look, I’m already used up. If this is the case, it’s time to change the oil. Your car will continue to drive as usual, but you must check your documents when The last oil was changed, so it remains that way. Important factors in favor of change are: time Since the last change and how many kilometer It was being driven in the meantime. The operating instructions can also help you here: Specifies the recommended oil change intervals. The By experience It is to change the oil approximately every six months. The same applies if your car is driven too little. Unless you only use your car under “normal” conditions, it may make sense to change the oil more often.
Difficulties that may appear with the oil:
- There are two problems that can arise with the oil in your car’s engine high oil loss or polluted oil. If oil loss occurs frequently or seems odd to you, your vehicle may be burning oil or having a blown gasket. Then at the latest, it’s time to make your way to the workshop. In the event that the oil turns a strange color, i.e. Milky or foamy Will, there may be contamination with coolant came. In this case, it also makes sense to drive your car to the workshop. The cause may cause serious damage such as a Defective cylinder head is being.
Step 2: Check the transmission oil level:
- The check is performed while the engine is running once the operating temperature is reached. It also helps to switch to neutral. In the case of an automatic, this corresponds to neutral or park mode. Red gear oil is measured with a dipstick in the same way as engine oil. When it changes color to brown or black changing Hip, trendy, popular. It is generally recommended to change the transmission oil after 150,000 km at the latest. As always, you will find more detailed information about this in the operating instructions.
Step Three: Check the brake fluid:
- You can either tell where to do this by looking under the hood for the container or logo that says “brake fluid,” or you can look it up in a good old owner’s manual. The appearance of the container appears there. Unlike the previous two liquids, you can read the oil level directly on the container without a stick. The little trick to see the situation better is to move the car forward and backward a bit. Important in this context is the fact that in the natural state No consumption of brake fluid is happening. If the condition changes anyway, it’s time to take the car to the workshop to avoid serious accidents. If the brake fluid level is too low, it could be life-threatening.
Step 4: Check the power steering fluid level
- Similar to brake fluid is power steering fluid level Also in a plastic container you can easily read its contents from the outside. In the event that you receive a message that the hydraulic oil level is too low, you can – if you have the right oil – simply increase the amount lost. Especially in old cars, there can be two lines of hydraulics. If this is the case, you should check if you are reading the case from the correct case. Newer cars often do not have a tank because they have an electronic servo system.
Step Five: Check the coolant
- After your engine has cooled down, you can coolant tank Check near the radiator in the engine compartment. attention: If the engine is still too warm, you may burn yourself from the hot liquid. By the way, in new cars there is often no clean water, but antifreeze, with Low freezing point. Check the antifreeze label to see which is which mixed with water or if you are asking pure It must be filled. Make sure too where Exactly what antifreeze should be filled: both in the tank only, and also in the radiator. If the vehicle overheats despite the presence of antifreeze in the tank, it is important to check the coolant for fluid.
Step 6: Check the windshield washer fluid
- Even if your vehicle’s function is affected by washing liquid It is unaffected, it serves you with a useful purpose: cleaning (dirty) windshield to see better. At lower temperatures, it is also important to note a Detergent with antifreeze They must be purchased so that the windshield can continue to be cleaned properly.
Step Seven: Check tire pressure
- It is about this not askingBut it’s definitely one of the most important aspects of a car to check. If the tire pressure is too low, on the one hand you use more gasoline and on the other hand it prevents problems caused by irregular tire wear. Air pressure should be checked more frequently than all vehicle fluids. Added to it to test whether a file trade depth Tires still suffice, or whether you should buy new soles.
Some final tips:
- In order to timely identify whether one of the containers of liquid is leaking, it is important to check frequently after the liquid is lost, How Pregnant order. If you notice anything unusual, do not be afraid to take your car to the workshop. In addition, it is recommended that air filter of the car to be checked regularly. If they run well, they help reduce fuel consumption. If the vehicle is equipped with a manual transmission, the fluid under the vehicle will be checked. In addition, if the car is rear-wheel drive, the differentials must also be checked.
The following note is necessary: For safety reasons, tuningblog recommends all repair, inspection and maintenance work exclusive In a specialized workshop! Although our information is summarized to the best of our knowledge and belief, we cannot take any responsibility for the content. So all information is “without warranty”.
Of course that was far from that!
In this Tuning Blog category are guides and instructions for common vehicle defects/repairs and for mounting accessories/tuning parts. Our articles explain in a simple way common defects and their corresponding repairs, as well as explain how the first signs of a defect become noticeable. In most cases, we also have preliminary guides for repair instructions in our repair instructions approximate Pending repair costs are listed. The goal of our subcategoryAuto Repair Manual“It is to create a knowledge launch for the next visit to the workshop with the initial advice. This may save you from tedious troubleshooting and small things can be done directly on your own. The same of course applies to the installation of accessories / tuning of parts. Here too, we would like to help with the implementation through the instructions and tips.There are many other posts about this as well.The following is an excerpt from the latter and here are all the previous instructables:
“tuningblog.eu” – we keep you updated on the topic of auto tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you every day the latest tuning cars from all over the world. You better subscribe to our feed and you will be automatically notified as soon as there is something new about this post, and of course about all the other posts as well.