The seat belt is an indispensable device for the safety of every passenger in the car. However, they are too mud flaps For sweaty skin as well as coffee and food stains. Often times the seat belt is forgotten when cleaning the car resulting in staining, odor buildup and even templates Come. For a clean seat belt, it must be pulled out completely, a light layer of cleaner is applied and then removed air dryer to let go.
Pull the seat belt outward by moving it forward until it is tightened and cannot be pulled out any further. This will loosen the belt completely so that much easier Maybe. Then install a clip near the belt pulley. Slide your finger over the belt and locate the spool. When not in use, this is where most of the belt is stored. Put a metal clip (eg from a hardware store) on the belt right next to the drum so it can’t retract into the drum. Instead, help yourself until the belt stays completely off.
Spray the belt with a cleaning spray:
- You can safely use one to remove stains All-purpose cleaner or textile cleaner Used from the supermarket in a spray bottle. However, an all-purpose cleaner should be bleach-free. It is also suitable for delicate textiles. Spray the entire belt with a light, even coat, including the underside. Alternatively, you can use a mixture of water and a gentle, pH-neutral cleaning agent such as dishwashing liquid Or a mixture of baby soap and water. We recommend that you remove unpleasant odors Vinegar and vinegar cleaners. However, since vinegar is an acid, use it in moderation because excessive amounts can damage the integrity of the tape over time. Best suited for sensitive areas Baby wet wipes especially textile cleaner
- You use one for this Cleaning Brush With hard bristles. Slide the belt down from the upper end in slow motions, without Move the brush in circles. Don’t go back upstairs either, but work very carefully. Otherwise, you risk fraying the belt threads. If the belt is particularly dirty, you can use it second layer Put the cleaner.
Wipe the belt with a microfiber cloth:
- Wrap the belt in a microfiber cloth as it is particularly gentle on the belt threads and pull it firmly to absorb excess moisture.
- At least one night or more you must use the belt Let it dry completely. Check this before removing and moving it to prevent mold from growing
Tackling tough spots!
Make a mixture of detergent with waterBy filling a small cup with warm water and adding a few drops of dish soap or an all-purpose cleaner. Bleach or vinegar is not an option because the acid will corrode the belt can attack. Detergent or textile cleaners are sufficient for most stains. Now dip the brush into the cup with the mixture so that it absorbs some of the cleaner. Reduce the amount of moisture On the brush as much as possible to avoid soaking the seat belt. Now gently scrub the stain, moving the brush down from the top of the stain without moving in circles and without going back up. If needed, you can add small amounts of additional cleaning agent to get a light, even coat.
Using a steam cleaner:
- If the stains can not be removed, you can remove one steam cleaner or one Hot water vacuum cleaner use. First apply a coat of textile cleaner or upholstery shampoo. Then move the device along the belt at a low humidity level. Alternatively, you can of course have one Professionals guidance.
Eliminate mold and odors:
- Pull the seat belt by gently moving it forward until it is completely loosened. now any mold spores He knows well. In this position, you can fully reach the belt to remove unpleasant odors. Again, you should place a buckle close to the belt pulley so the belt can no longer undo. Take a bowl and mix the detergent in it. Add 15 ml (one tablespoon) one Unbleached dish washing liquid in 1 quart (250 ml) of warm water. Then mix 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of vinegar and stir until the mixture is homogeneous foam. Now rub the tape with a brush With soft bristles. Dip it in the mixture and gently move it from the top of the belt. Be careful not to move the brush in a circular motion and not to go back.
- Apply a small, even layer just so you don’t wear the upholstery threads. Then dry the seat belt with a dry microfiber cloth. This way you avoid additional moisture, which can reduce the integrity of the belt threads. Gently move the cloth up and down to allow the excess moisture to be absorbed. If the mold problem appears again, it is worth using a protective agent (mold remover). This should ideally be bleach-free and applied while the belt is still wet.
Allow the belt to air dry:
- It is best to let the belt dry completely overnight or outside and then remove the buckle. Otherwise, the moisture will create enough breeding ground for new mold and foul odors to grow.
advice: Avoid using bleach because it can weaken the seat belt and not protect against mold. Even conventional air fresheners cannot remove deep seat belt odors. Deodorants don’t work without deep cleaning first.
The following note is necessary: For safety reasons, tuningblog recommends all repair, inspection and maintenance work exclusive In a specialized workshop! Although our information is summarized to the best of our knowledge and belief, we cannot take any responsibility for the content. So all information is “without warranty”.
Of course that was far from that!
In this Tuning Blog category are guides and instructions for common vehicle defects/repairs and for mounting accessories/tuning parts. Our articles explain in a simple way common defects and their corresponding repairs, as well as explain how the first signs of a defect become noticeable. In most cases, we also have preliminary guides for repair instructions in our repair instructions approximate Pending repair costs are listed. The goal of our subcategoryAuto Repair Manual“It is to create a knowledge launch for the next visit to the workshop with the initial advice. This may save you from tedious troubleshooting and small things can be done directly on your own. The same of course applies to the installation of accessories / tuning of parts. Here too, we would like to help with the implementation through the instructions and tips.There are many other posts about this as well.The following is an excerpt from the latter and here are all the previous instructables:
“tuningblog.eu” – we keep you updated on the topic of auto tuning and car styling with our tuning magazine and present you every day the latest tuning cars from all over the world. It is better if you subscribe to our feed and you will be automatically notified as soon as there is something new about this post, and of course also about all other posts.